Re: (ET) Small E20 fire: What is it with MOVs?]

MOV's wear out as a part of their function. Each time they "fire" they lose a little piece of their active material until it comes to a point that they have so little active material left that ... pow they're done. It is kind of nice of them to blow-up at the end of their life to let us know that they are no longer protecting our equipment.