Re: (ET) Small E20 fire: What is it with MOVs?]

I've blown off lots of MOVs on E15's some that I've hacked the controls, if you are in gear rolling with the control off, the field is normaly off too, as soon as you hit it with field it can pop MOVs and other things.  So it's generating power with no where for it to go, then when the contactors close there is a big spike, if you touch it it will lift you, feels like a fence charger.  I ended up using contactors on the field.  These motors can put out some big power.  E15's will still run after they pop, then next time it spikes it will vaporize the F/R relay points and most the relay.  best way to look at the MOVs is it's a fuse.