Re: (ET) controller

The Alltrax version starts with the field slightly weakened, at around 2 amps, and then if turbo mode is enabled, will reduce it to around 2/3 of an amp for top speeds (numbers by memory... not exact).

The main contactor is there as a safety for when the operator is unable to manually shut down power. This is a big deal for on-road EV's. For an Elec-Trak, the seat switch is wired in series with the contactor coil, so if anything goes wrong and the operator falls off the tractor, the tractor will stop. Wiring the seat switch to the KSI input will accomplish the same thing, *as long as* the controller is working properly. But as a "what if": if the controller fails full on, the tractor lurches forward and throws the operator out of the seat, disabling the KSI input won't stop anything. Having the seat switch wired to drop out the main contactor provides a second level of safety.

Brian E. Haines wrote:
The manual differs slightly from the controller. The min is 2-20, the max is the min that was set to a max of 60. So you can put the min and max at 2a, but that would basically take away the field weakening. What is the field current limited to in the Alltrax sep-ex version for the ET?

--
Jim Coate
*The Electric Tractor Store*

NOTE: Mail sent to the "NO_REPLY" address will *not* reach me.
To send me a private message, please follow the directions here:
http://www.coate.org/contact_jim/