(ET) Lift motor ideas?

What is the current thinking on the best option for replacing a lift
motor?

After almost 14 years of yeoman duty at a no doubt perspiration-inducing
24
volts, my E15's lift motor finally failed Friday, during a long
snow-ramming
session.  It started making an odd gravely noise, and shortly thereafter
switched to grumbling and refusing to lift the blade more than a couple of
inches.  Then it quit working altogether, though it went back to grumbling
old man mode after it had a chance to cool (guess there's a thermal
protector in there).

I dug my poor long-suffering parts tractor out of the snow.  A couple
hours
later I was back in the snow-ramming business, a new old lift motor at
work.

When I connected 12 volts to the suffering motor on the bench, it cogged
and
throbbed mightily, suggesting to me that an armature winding is toast.  I
haven't yet taken it apart to apply the wisdom of an ohmmeter to it,
however.

I suppose I could rewind it (or have it rewound) and keep it as a spare.
Might do that.  But one way or another, having been well apprised of my
lift
motor's mortality (if not my own), I should like to be prepared for the
next
failure.

What are the best-dressed ETs wearing for lift motors these days?

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA