Re: (ET) First snow, tires, and odd batteries

On 12/16/2010 8:39 PM, David Roden (Akron OH USA) wrote:
Sounds like you might have a bum cell in one of those strings.  Could be
that one of the cells in string #2 has high internal resistance.  Time to
do
some individual cell load tests and capacity checking.

*nod* Or a loose interconnect; even with nickel plate the cells can sometimes build up a bit of a patina on the interconnects. I might try putting a Paktrakr on it and monitor every 5 batteries (6v) to see if I can isolate the bad one.

Or the strings might have just slipped way out of whack. Charging it overnight, it's currently at 45.5 volts and .6/.4a into the packs.

I really wish I could get a cable for that Christie RF80-GT tester; looks like I'm going to just give up and hot wire it/build my own.

Chris