(ET) E15 card 1 review and repair

Got myself a "totally dead" card 1 and am starting to look it over.

First thought: What a mess. Even trying the simplest thing: Getting L working by putting +36 on 6, then +36 on 5 while attaching 4 to a bulb and - doesn't work. Turns out the white diodes are all open, having literally disintegrated over the years.

Replaced diodes and I can get the SCR to latch, but the cap will not hold a charge long enough to switch +36 from 6 to 5. I'll get there.