Re: (ET) Lithiums in an E15

You'd get more benefit from NiMH,  I think.  And you won't have to
worry so much about the extreme safety hazard; NiMH and NiCDs seem to
be far less hazardous than acid-flooded batteries or the highly
flammable LiIONs

Used Prius battery packs run less than a thousand dollars in the USA.
They are NiMH and weigh about a hundred pounds - you could fit three
or four of them in a garden tractor.  I guess you'd want to rewire
them as parallel rather than series strings, though; the Prius runs
high voltage.

--Charlie