(ET) Almost "new 1970 Elec-trak ?

I am helping put on a steam engine and tractor  show this weekend at
Lagrange, IN. I use my New Idea electric for my work truck  and golf cart.

We had a man bring in a GE ElecTrak for the show and he  said that he
wants
to sell it, and he said it is a 1970 model. I looked it over  and it is
the
best looking Elec-Trak that I have ever seen. He said it was only  used
two
years by the original owner when the man died, and it was stored for
years
until he bought it. It still has the plastic bags for the batteries, and
the original plastic battery covers.

However, I think it is much newer  than 1970, so I am asking this forum
for
opinions. It is a model 26AE 20CA,  serial number FR22 388. The front
mounted mower deck has the shorter, large  diameter motors, and the caster
brackets are the stamped metal type, not the  cast aluminum used on the
eary
models. The accelerator is a pedal, not a lever,  and there is a
forward/reverse
switch on the dash. Above the battery charger are  TWO resistor strips,
not
just one.

Let me know what you vintage think  this is. If you need me to look at
something else to determine the age let me  know. I am going to take some
pictures of it tonight yet.

Since I will be  busy at the show all day I will only have time to check
this forum in the  evening.

By he way, the guy is asking $3500 for the outfit. I thought  that was
extremely high until I looked it over. Also, the batteries are almost  new.

Erv Troyer   Lagrange, IN
New Idea EGT 120