Re: (ET) Shook deck apart, at least I have a welder....

I did something similar when patching up my deck.  I just used a flat mild
steel 2" X 1/8" thick bar from tractor supply.  And mild steel will work
(AISI 10XX or 11XX or 12XX will work).  Don't use galvanized, it releases
toxic fumes when welded.  Just use plain finish, and paint it after
welding and grinding smooth.

David Brandt