Re: (ET) Nineteen inch blades?

David,

Just use an 18 1/2" blade off any of the 36" decks, like an E8, E10, or any
of the three makes of 36" riders like the GE ER8-36, a New Idea R-36, or a
Wheel Horse A-65.  I'm bettin' Harold Z. or Jim Coate would sell you just
one blade, or you could get a set of two and have a spare.

Another option would be to make a bushing to go from the current hole size
in your Yard Machine blade down to 5/16".  The bigger the hole in the Yard
Machine blade the easier it is to make a bushing.  I have used Gator blades
on a 42" deck with holes that were 3/4" and then it was fairly easy to make
bushings with a 5/16" hole.

When you say the "tall" motor, I assume you mean the early production 42"
deck motor that was 3 5/16" in diameter and 6 1/2 " tall vs. the later deck
motor that was 4 1/2" in diameter and 6" tall, as measured from the
mounting
flange to the top of the cover.  I've got some of those motors, but have
never tried to compare things like RPM or current draw as compared to the 4
1/2" motor.  In fact I'm not even 100% sure the threaded hole is 5/16-24.
If by chance it might be a 3/8-24 thread, then a 19" blade with a 3/8" hole
might be pretty easy to find at any lawnmower shop.

Personally I think it would work fine as that tall skinny motor has a
thermal overload and that's the worst that might happen.

What you might want to look for is a 4 1/2" diameter deck motor off one of
the 36" decks as it is a little bit longer (taller) and slightly more
powerful than a 4 1/2" deck motor off a standard front mount 42" deck.

Don't rule out your Option B of taking it to the scrap yard, as now you'd
have to string a drop cord from the modified Yard Machine back to your
large
frame ET tractor to get the 36 volts necessary to run it.

Mike in KY