Re: (ET) mileage

Check the tranny oil, inflate the tires to max. press., put new batts in the hiking GPS, load up the cooler and bungee it to the hood, and let the range testing begin...

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 11:55 AM, SteveS <stevesgroups verizon net> wrote:
I live about 6 miles from town and I wondered aloud onetime if the ET would make the trip. The kids soundly quashed that idea. The embarrassment factor to them was way too high. I have wondered though how far it would go.....

- SteveS

jim donovan wrote:
I own four properties all within something like a 2.5 mile round trip to/from my primary residence.  I typically mow all four in one shot driving the circle through standard residential streets and crossing a state highway.  In fact, my drive takes me to two states, two counties (although I am two blocks from a third county) and two cities (although at any point in time I am two blocks from up to four other cities).
 I once ran into a fellow EVer driving south on the state highway.  We shared a quiet wave.
 Jim

--- On *Sun, 6/13/10, e s /<stupidemail5 lycos com>/* wrote:

   From: e s <stupidemail5 lycos com>
   Subject: (ET) mileage
   To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
   Date: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 9:36 AM

   Just wondering if anyone has gone on any 'trips' with the ET.

   I just moved from a rental into my new house, and it was about 1.1
   miles. My trailer loan fell through and I needed to get it moved.
   With aging batteries and sitting all winter, I threw it on the
   charger for the morning and it made it the distance in high gear
   with plenty to spare, my brother following with the flashers on[on
   a quiet country road]

   I was pretty surprised, I had thought I would run out of batteries
   and we would end up towing it

   -----Inline Attachment Follows-----