Re: (ET) Well I have a flat

It is very difficult to remove them yourself.  Here I am lucky to have a
garage that specializes in mowers, go-carts, etc.  They replaced my rotted
front tires with new generic turf-saver types, and put some tubes in the
back ones.  Try to find such a place in your area (usually listed under
lawnmower service or a similar heading in the yellow pages).

If you can't find anyone that way, then try to find a similar sized
rim/tire that is used on a regular new mower, take in your rims, and tell
them you need a set of tires, but need them put on your rims.  This would
have to be a place that sells and services them, though.  Sears for
example might service Craftsman mowers and be able to install tires?

The other option is looking online at a place like Jack's small engines,
and ordering them online.  Then take them and your rims to a place that
does car tires, and have them put them on.

It's a pain, but at least they don't need to be balanced.

David Brandt