Re: (ET) Well I have a flat

Christopher Zach wrote:
Now, where do I get tires for this thing, what's the closest ones to the factory tires for stuff like tilling/snowblowing/not turning my yard into packed clay? What should I expect to have them mounted, and is it possible to remove the tires myself?

If the bead broke loose when the tire went flat and if you have a set of tire spoons or suitable pry bars and if you have an air compressor with a big tank, then not so bad to change tires yourself.

If you have to break the bead yourself, it can sometimes be very challenging. I'll poke at them a few times and if no luck, paying the local tire guy a few bucks to do it on his machine is worth it.

Many of Carlisle's tires are made overseas now. I'm partial to the "Turf Trac RS" as it is made in the US. 4-ply. (I have them available at $69 each though not listed on-line). There is also a 6-ply commercial service version also made in the US ($85). Both are 23x10.5-12 size for the E20.

Any cheap no-name made-far-away tire your local store has on the shelf will be an improvement with softer rubber as after 40 years the original tires tend to be hard as a rock.

--
Jim Coate
*The Electric Tractor Store*

NOTE: Mail sent to the "NO_REPLY" address will *not* reach me.
To send me a private message, please follow the directions here:
http://www.coate.org/contact_jim/