Re: (ET) Snow topped the blower, now what?

We got well over a foot here in Central PA... Never get this much at a time usually. I didn't even bother getting the ET out. I just have a blade and it would have been totally useless. Even with my gas two-stage blower it took a good three hours of hard work to clear everything. Wow.

Probably gonna sell the blade - I just don't use it enough...

Steve

On Feb 6, 2010, at 7:10 PM, Pieter Litchfield wrote:

I'm jealous too! My "retirement" job is grooming cross country ski trails, and I have been largely unemployed lately. After a good December, we have gone into a long cold snow drought in upstate NY. Practically no snow from 1/1/10 to the present. About 10 days ago we got an inch of rain in a few hours - massive flooding of course. I am using my big bucket loader (John Deere 4120 40 hp utility tractor) to salvage snow banks plowed up earlier in the parking lot to patch dirt spots nearby on the trails. But at least its
now staying cold so the repair jobs last

By the way, you guys might want to consider my ET bucket loader for those
time when the blower just can't move it anymore....
http://www.plitch.com/loader1.htm
It works well to scrape up hard packed snow on the driveway or clear the big snowbank the town plow left at the end of the drive or around the mailbox. But honestly, the gas walk-behind blower is faster on the rest of the job.

-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of Tim Humphrey
Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2010 6:02 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Snow topped the blower, now what?

I'm sorta jealous.

As you all know we typically get 12-14 ft of snow annually. Well I
have 3" on the ground now. Haven't had over 18" at one time all
season.

The nor'easter that is hitting Chris is staying south of us, no snow
predicted for the next week. I haven't even had the 'trak out this
winter. Just using shovels.