Re: (ET) Snow topped the blower, now what?

Darryl McMahon wrote:
If you are stalling the auger, you may want to check the tension on the drive belt from the motor to the auger drive line.

It's a chain. This is a 42 inch Elec-trak blower. Very powerful.

When dealing with drifts, I take the 'eating the elephant' approach - one bite at a time.

I'll give this a go once the snow stops. We're at 3 feet now and it's still coming down. I have the bottom of the driveway carved out, so that's good. I think I'm screwed with the concept of trying to climb the 20 degree incline.

In LL, work your way into the face of the drift a few inches and stop to allow the blower to clear. Then move in a few more inches and stop. Repeat as necessary.

I'll go out to my shed and get some lube for the pedal. It's sticking which makes going from F to R very hard on the contactors.

If you get in far enough to block the chute, stop, lift the blower to break the drift, back out a bit. Clean up the snow rubble that results.

Another to-do, need to lube the lift roller.

I'll work on this tomorrow. I might also connect up the third string of BB600's; might give me more than 300a to work with.

Chris