(ET) Some Diag Help Please

Hi All
I am back on the list I was off since I retired in June, But I just couldn't stay away (smile). I need a little bit of help with my Wheelhorse C 185. When I open up the top panel under the hood, to see why the gauges were not working, I discovered that wire number 34 and 340134 were not connected and the ends covered with masking tape (argh). I've got the C-185 schematic and wire diagram. They to come from the diode assembly and look like they should got to plug J2-2 and J5-3 But, what do they actually do and why would they be disconnected?

Cheer
Geof