(ET) BB600 batteries for sale.

Well, this past weekend I took apart my S10 pickup truck to check on the status of the BB600 NiCD batteries in it. The truck had picked up a ground fault, which is odd. Turns out the batteries react with the aluminum battery box, so they can't stay in the truck.

However BB600's have no problems in steel boxes like our Elec-traks. So after loading another 30 cells in the front of my E20 and putting 30 more in the weight box I still have about 200 cells that I won't be needing.

Thus I'd like to offer them to the group for sale. They're SAFT BB600 cells, military surplus, have been used in my S10 for about 5 years now. Which means they probably have another 50-90 years of life in them :-) NiCDs really last for a long time, they have been in my E20 for 6 or so years now with no problems at all.

I would recommend putting 60 in the back battery box (they fit nicely with a pair of 2*4's vertically as spacers) and another 30 in the front of the tractor. That will get you a good 90ah of capacity, excellent winter performance, and a long life. I have found that 60 of them is usually enough for around the yard work and snow blowing.

That's enough to do two tractors. Is anyone interested? They go for $10 a cell normally but I'm not looking to make an insane profit like that here. I'll even throw in the nickel plated connectors (which cost me $2.00 each) and the like. However you have to get them from Baltimore MD to wherever you are. Send a truck, send a boat, etc. :-)

Chris