Re: (ET) Elec-Trak loader

Does anyone recall a few years back when someone upgraded the front end to use golf cart hubs and spindles? I'd like to revisit that mod if I just knew who and where I saw it.

Mike in KY

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Zach" <cz alembic crystel com>
Cc: <elec-trak cosmos5 phy tufts edu>
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2009 7:56 PM
Subject: Re: (ET) Elec-Trak loader

Honest question: Just how good is an Elec-Trak loader? I mean the weakness of the E20 IMO is the front spindles and how much weight you can put on them and still have a chance to steer. The snowblower weighs only a few hundred pounds and steering with it up is murder.

Can you really lift say a full load of dirt? Rocks? Gravel?

I've thought about building a mini-bucket for the back of my Trac; mount it on the tiller bar and use the rear lift to bring it up. With a close proximity to the rear wheels I could probably load it heavy with only the weight box on the front for counterbalance.

Chris