Re: (ET) A new coat of paint....

> I have this mental picture of a deck motor with spinning blade
> breaking free of the weakened steel.

Sounds like an exciting event, and I'm sure it's possible - but I suspect
something else would turn the deck into a weedy-back-lot home for the mice
and chipmunks before it got that far.  My deck let me know that it had a
rust problem when it broke loose at the mounting strut attachment points.
The motors never had a chance to try to escape.

That said, it's always well to remember that we're dealing with high
speeds
and sharp edges here ...

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA