Re: (ET) Mower motor problems

 Stan,
 You don't specify which deck you have.Is it a front mount or mid mount?
Which diameter motors? Have you tried the reinforcement rings for the
bottoms of the motors? Are your clutch bodies true?
 Tried NEW Elec-Trak blades? Have you checked the motor shafts for
straightness in a lathe when you had them out?
 Harold Zimmerman
 Clean Power Supply
I have been having mower motor problems. I have replaced the bearings,
replaced one brush housing, had the same magnet in two different   motors
come loose, and now the magnet in one of my my replacement   motor housing
has come loose as well.  This is in less than 12 months   and less than 10
mowings. I can't seem to get through a single mowing   without having to
fix something.

I realize these tractors are pretty old, but I would expect that stuff
that gets fixed would stay fixed.  Is there anything I need to watch   out
for on the mower motors? I have been through the HSM and all of   the on
line archives.  My mower deck has a loud rhythmic vibration   that
resonates every second or so that goes away when the motors are   loaded
down, like when mowing thick grass. I have balanced the blades,   replaced
the blades, balanced the replacements, disassembled, cleaned   and
reassembled the mower deck and replaced the wiring on the mower   deck. I
also have new fiber washers and I torqued the blades bolts   according to
the HSM specs.

Any Suggestions?

Frustrated,

Stan