Re: (ET) motor question

David Brandt wrote:
... the field connections are inside a little round plastic thing.
> When you try to pull off the wire connectors, the whole thing comes
out about 1/2" and then stops, and the connectors can be pulled off. Electrically, the connections seem fine, they just seem loose
mechanically.  Is this normal?

This is a fairly common issue. If the connector doesn't totally fall out, may not need to worry about it (yet).

I have run it on a 12V battery charger (capable of only 6A max), and
it runs fine, but seems to not have much torque

To get full torque, you need full field. And more than 6 amps on the armature.

To test the E15 motor, I'd connect the field to 36 volts (only 2 or 3 amps needed). Then (and only then) connect the armature to 12 volts. As in a 12 volt battery that can source 50+ amps.

If all good, then can try with the armature on 24 volts if you want to see more power. Reducing the field to 24 or 12 volts will increase the motor speed, but reduce torque.

--
Jim Coate
*The Electric Tractor Store*

NOTE: Mail sent to the "NO_REPLY" address will *not* reach me.
To send me a private message, please follow the directions here:
http://www.coate.org/contact_jim/