(ET) motor question

I'm about ready to remount the motor to my E15 restoration.  I had a
couple of questions.

First, the field connections are inside a little round plastic thing.
When you try to pull off the wire connectors, the whole thing comes out
about 1/2" and then stops, and the connectors can be pulled off.
Electrically, the connections seem fine, they just seem loose
mechanically.  Is this normal?

Second, when I turn it, it seems a bit more "draggy" then the large EV
motors I'm used to - of course those have the benefit of a lot more
inertia to keep freewheling longer.  The E15 motor seems to stop fairly
quickly.  It does turn quietly and smoothly.  I have run it on a 12V
battery charger (capable of only 6A max), and it runs fine, but seems to
not have much torque - I could easily slow it down using hand pressure on
the face of the pulley.  Is this normal, given the low power level, or
does it sound like something needs work?

I'd really like to avoid having to refurb the motor if I can avoid it.
the silent running indicates to me that there is no contamination in the
bearings, and the lack of vibration also seems to bode well.

Thanks in advance.

David Brandt