Re: (ET) PTO power and switch (mower won't turn on after a while)

john rieffel wrote:
After awhile however, the PTO doesn't turn on until I've lowered the
throttle into a lower gear or stopped all together.  Once the deck
starts up again, I can throttle back up into high gear with impunity.

Have you looked at the pack voltage (ie Fuel Level meter) as this is happening? I'm wondering if either one or more batteries are in trouble and the voltage is going low after 30 minutes of use, or if the charger is in trouble so you don't get a full charge so the batteries go low after 30 minutes of use (which if not fixed soon will lead to permanent battery damage).

If the overall battery pack voltage is good, then could be bad connections somewhere adding to much resistance (= voltage drop) in the PTO coil circuit (as RJ explains).

--
Jim Coate
*The Electric Tractor Store*

NOTE: Mail sent to the "NO_REPLY" address will *not* reach me.
To send me a private message, please follow the directions here:
http://www.coate.org/contact_jim/