Re: (ET) PTO power and switch (mower won't turn on after a while)

        Poor connections equal high resistance.High resistance equals voltage drop. Compound that with flattening voltage from the batteries with use, and you get and PTO contactor that won't pick up.

     Check all the connections from the PTO switch to the contactor,[This includes the RTN relay(s).]

    Since you don't mention the flavor of your E-15, if it is an AA to GA Model, you'll also get to check the connections on the control card, AND the components pertaining to PTO control.

And the flattening pack voltage? That just comes with the territory. :)

RJ

john rieffel wrote:
Hy Trakkers,

At around 30 minutes of mowing, my E15 starts behaving a bit odd:
after getting to the end of a row, I usually turn the PTO off while I
make the turn, and then flip it on again to start the next row.
After awhile however, the PTO doesn't turn on until I've lowered the
throttle into a lower gear or stopped all together.  Once the deck
starts up again, I can throttle back up into high gear with impunity.

Today, at the end of my mowing, I couldn't even get the PTO to turn on
at all, after a few minutes of waiting.  I'm assuming (and hoping)
that if I charge overnight it'll return to "normal" by the morning, as
it has in the past.

There's a reference to a "thermal fuse" in the tips and tricks web
page, but I couldn't find mention of it in my homeowner's service
manual.

Any advice?

regards,
jr