Re: (ET) PTO power and switch (mower won't turn on after a while Corrected Spelling :(

        Poor connections equal high resistance.High resistance equals voltage drop. Compound that with flattening voltage from the batteries with use, and you get a PTO contactor that won't pick up.

     Check all the connections from the PTO switch to the contactor,[This includes the RTN relay(s).]

    Since you don't mention the flavor of your E-15, if it is an AA to GA Model, you'll also get to check the connections on the control card, AND the components pertaining to PTO control.

And the flattening pack voltage? That just comes with the territory. :)

RJ

john rieffel wrote:
Hy Trakkers,

At around 30 minutes of mowing, my E15 starts behaving a bit odd:
after getting to the end of a row, I usually turn the PTO off while I
make the turn, and then flip it on again to start the next row.
After awhile however, the PTO doesn't turn on until I've lowered the
throttle into a lower gear or stopped all together.  Once the deck
starts up again, I can throttle back up into high gear with impunity.

Today, at the end of my mowing, I couldn't even get the PTO to turn on
at all, after a few minutes of waiting.  I'm assuming (and hoping)
that if I charge overnight it'll return to "normal" by the morning, as
it has in the past.

There's a reference to a "thermal fuse" in the tips and tricks web
page, but I couldn't find mention of it in my homeowner's service
manual.

Any advice?

regards,
jr