Re: (ET) Elec Reliability Poll

And of course, a lot depends on your knowledge  of electrical circuits and
your trouble shooting ability. I always advise people  that they should
know
how to use a volt-ohm-meter and understand circuits, or  they shouldn't
buy
an electric tractor.

This is quite different from the  knowledge needed to run a gas engine
driven tractor. You can get by with some  basic mechanical knowledge with
these
- change oil, replace belts, remove blades  for sharpening, etc. If any
major work is needed there is always a shop nearby  that can take care of
it,
which you must be willing to pay for rather than doing  it yourself.

With the electric version you are pretty much on your own,  along with the
knowledge and advice of the great people on this forum. There are  no
shops
anymore that are familiar with these.

Occasionally we get simple  questions here on the forum that implies the
writer is in "over his head" and  should be getting a service manual to
help
understand how the tractor circuits  work - or get a gas tractor.

Just my 2-cents worth...

Erv  Troyer
Lagrange,  IN

john  rieffel wrote:
I'm very close to taking the plunge on an electrak (my free  loaner gas
mower died).   I wanted to know a bit more about what  kind of mess I'm
getting into...

This is a pretty open-ended question,  but I'd love to take a poll on
your ratio of your time spent using your  elec-traks vs time spent
fixing them.    How long does the  average fix take?  How much does the
average fix cost?

**************A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2
easy
steps!