Re: (ET) Where is the elec-trak wikipedia page?

When the Mars lander "Pathfinder" hit the news I attempted to create a
Wikipedia page for Victor Singer, the engineer who originally designed
the balloon system used by Pathfinder.  It was rejected with the
comment that Singer is "insufficiently notable for Wikipedia".  I
re-wrote the entry with references to Singer's community activism,
public service, and links to his many aerospace-related patents.  It
was rejected with the comment "reads like hero worship".  This last
comment would amuse anyone who heard us arguing at a local planning
commission meeting.  I gave up and moved on; people interested in the
development of the Mars Pathfinder won't find out about Singer from
Wikipedia.

Anyone who wants to create an Elec-trak page will have to have
patience bordering on mental illness.  Wikipedia no longer has room
for personal knowledge (which is where the real expertise on
Elec-traks is); Wikipedia only wants references to published works,
regardless of how poor the quality of those works is.

--Charlie