-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of Daniel Eyk
Sent: Saturday, June 20, 2009 11:45 PM
To: EVDL for mail; GE e-mail Elec-trak
Subject: (ET) Wood Chipper Conversion

This isn't directly related to EV's, but someone might have some knowledge
on this question that I have.

Has anyone ever converted a gas powered wood chipper to electric? I have
one
that has that was given to me and it turns out that the crank is bent as
something fell off the chipper wheel and jammed, bending the crankshaft. I
am interested in converting it to electric as the motor is bad, so it is
eligible. I have and Elec-trak with a 36 volt battery system, so I could
use
that to power the motor on the chipper or else go with an AC motor and a
long extension cord.
Daniel Eyk
Vancouver, Wa.

Electric S-10 project