Re: (ET) Ariens AMP Mower

OTOH how many acres a day can your Trek mow ? <G>

RJ

Pieter Litchfield wrote:

On 5/15/2009 8:03 AM, Michael S Briggs wrote:

On Thu, 14 May 2009, Christopher Zach wrote:

Michael S Briggs wrote:
They didn't really blow up - capacitors are just items that do fail over time. Remember, these things are 30 years old. The main problem is that most people may not be able to figure out what the problem is, and assume that it is a faulty design. But, how many vehicles do you know of that can
 run for 30+ years without some component failing?

My E20? :-)

Touche'. :)
<SNIP>
So far my old Trek 520 bicycle has logged a lot more miles than any GE tractor here - been across Iowa 11 times, VA 5 times, ridden every day for 3000+ miles per year. Failures limited to tires and brake pads wearing out - and 2 chains. All normal wear and tear. I purchased it 21 years ago new. Of course it has no ICE or capacitors to fail, but it is perhaps the best built mass production touring bicycle built - and still in production today. Now that's something you can't say about the ET.