From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu on behalf of Pieter Litchfield
Sent: Fri 5/15/2009 8:24 AM
To: Electric Tractor List
Subject: Re: (ET) Ariens AMP Mower

On 5/15/2009 8:03 AM, Michael S Briggs wrote:

> On Thu, 14 May 2009, Christopher Zach wrote:
>
>> Michael S Briggs wrote:
>>>  They didn't really blow up - capacitors are just items that do fail
>>> over
>>>  time. Remember, these things are 30 years old. The main problem is
>>> that
>>>  most people may not be able to figure out what the problem is, and
>>> assume
>>>  that it is a faulty design. But, how many vehicles do you know of
>>> that can
>>>  run for 30+ years without some component failing?
>>
>> My E20? :-)
>
> Touche'. :)
> <SNIP>
So far my old Trek 520 bicycle has logged a lot more miles than any GE
tractor here - been across Iowa 11 times, VA 5 times, ridden every day
for 3000+ miles per year.  Failures limited to tires and brake pads
wearing out - and 2 chains. All normal wear and tear.  I purchased it 21
years ago new.  Of course it has no ICE or capacitors to fail, but it is
perhaps the best built mass production touring bicycle built - and still
in production today.  Now that's something you can't say about the ET.