Re: (ET) charger problem

Garry & Terry Freese wrote:
Turn your main disconnect off and correct this problem unless you want a much bigger problem!!!!!!!!!! That little pin turned one off as it turned on the other.

Thought experiment: If you replaced the push pull with two seperate contactors it would "work", correct? What the push/pull does is ensure that they are never closed together and when one is off the other is on, right?

I can see not having the interlock being exceptionally bad if you do something like throw the tractor into reverse when it's moving (it would weld a contactor causing a blow-up).

I have found with the push-pull that one thing you can do is take them both out and turn them upside-down. That way the solenoid pair that did "reverse" now runs the "forward". Since most of the time is spent in forward, it takes more of a beating. Flipping and transposing puts the best contactors in the forward position. But it is a pain to do.

Is that correct?
Chris