Re: (ET) [Fwd: Re: charger problem]

In my opinion, if you are not seeing at least 42.5 volts at the end of
charge, you are not fully charging your batteries (this assumes flooded
lead-acid deep-cycle batteries).

Depending on the manufacturer, they may recommend finishing voltages in
excess of 45 volts (for 'equalization' charges).

After sitting after a full charge, the pack reading should be at least
37 volts, and more likely between 38 and 39 volts.  32 volts is a level
I expect to see under load, near 80% discharge, not at full charge.

You want to get this resolved before you damage one or more batteries,
or figure out if you need to get a battery replaced under warranty.  As
suggested previously, you want to measure the voltage of each battery -
at the posts - not at the end of cables.

It almost sounds like one of your batteries isn't in the loop, or is a
dead-short (contributing no voltage to the string).  Neither of those
seems likely, so I'm puzzled by the symptoms.

I don't mow with my machine, but I do rototill.  I would characterize
solenoids at the end of a session as warm, but not hot.  However, that
is subjective.

Darryl McMahon

--
Darryl McMahon
Water Savers toilet fill diverters aren't sexy,