Re: (ET) Fully charged pack voltage

Michael S. Briggs, PhD
UNH Physics Department
(603) 862-2828

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009, harry landis wrote:

This is why I use 38V as the default setting on the Landis Charger
controller:
>From the Battery University website (
http://batteryuniversity.com/partone-13.htm ;):

That gives roughly the same number as the 38.2V I got from the per-cell voltage approach (I think the Battery University's number works out to almost exactly 38V - but that is lower than what you get with the per-cell voltage given by Trojan). My main concern is that setting it at exactly the voltage for a fully charged pack would mean that it would take a long time to charge, since it will take a long time to drop back down below the cut-off after each 5 minute charging interval.

Mike