Re: (ET) Fully charged pack voltage

Mike Wallace wrote:
> ... it looks to me like it's about that
> simple.  Take a look at this Lester info.
> www.lesterelectrical.com/techservice/servicedocs/34001_D.pdf
> I'll let Harry comment, if he wants to, on the possibility of adding > one of his controllers to maintain the pack after the OEM charger
> gets the pack back to full charge.

I seem to have missed the beginning of this... what does the electronic timer do that the mechanical one doesn't do? From the PDF file, it does appear that it would be relatively simple to wire in. But it also appears that the electronic timer is just that - a timer. ?.

Unlike the mechanical timer, the electronic one checks to make sure the battery pack is connected (ie main disconnect switch "on") before it will start the charge cycle. Beyond that, do you know if it has some sort of additional brains?

I forget who, but at least one someone has set up their charger with the OEM style mechanical timer to handle regular charging after each use, and then also has the Landis in parallel to provide maintenance charging.

NOTE: Mail sent to the "NO_REPLY" address will *not* reach me.
To send me a private message, please follow the directions here:
http://www.coate.org/contact_jim/

Jim Coate
1997 Solectria Force, 1970's Elec-Traks
http://www.eeevee.com