Re: (ET) Elec-Trak.org site...

No, they didn't . John Deere and some Simple City models had them.I'd love to lay hands on one and do the swap. :) The OEM tires on my E-20 CA are Firestone® Town & Country® Automotive snow tire tread, complete with holes for tungsten carbide studs.

RJ

RJ

Pieter Litchfield wrote:
In all seriousness - there is a Peerless transaxle that is the same as the one used in the E-Traks except it is a limited slip version. Did GE ever use these in production? Would a limited slip work to limit wheel slippage during braking if the brake is on the transmission input shaft? I would think it would.

I too have had the experience of decending a steep slope using a very low gear and regen braking with lots of rear wheel slippage. I suspect we are all using "turf saver" type tires, which are relatively poor traction tires. An ag tire (cleated type)would give much better traction.