Re: (ET) A stark comparison

On 13 Dec 2008 at 10:39, Max Hall wrote:

> the difference between putting tire chains on a wheel by itself (not on
> the vehicle) in a warm basement and putting tire chains on a wheel
> that's on a vehicle outdoors ...

I have two sets of rear wheels, one with chains, one without.  IMO it's
less
trouble to jack up the tractor and put on the wheel with chains than to
try
to apply a set of chains to a wheel that's already on the tractor -- and I
have a garage in which to work.

My hat's off to you for your fortitude.  If I had to put on chains in the
driveway in the slush and snow ... well, I might be tempted to give one of
the kids down the road a double sawbuck to shovel the driveway while I
watched from the dining room window.  ;-)

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA