(ET) Modern Electric Tractor, Inc

Modern Electric Tractor, Inc. Update:

These are exciting days for our company.  We are getting very close to production of our first model and we wanted this forum to be one of the first to know.  There are pictures of our progress being placed on the Elec-Trak site, if you are interested in viewing.  The METI web-site is being updated as well.

We have taken the G.E. concept and design, which is proven, and improved it.  Our first completed model is the METI Classic.   As you will see, the Classic body style is very similar to the G.E. Elec-Trak with minor changes.  By following G.E's design, it is compatible with the G.E., New Idea, and Wheel Horse attachments.  We have upgraded the electronics, beefed up the frame, raised the height of the rear battery box, and incorporated a stronger lift.

The electrical upgrades includes a proven programmable GE Controller.  Our traction motor is three times the HP of the E-20 Elec-Trak.  The belt-drive is now a cog-style belt.  The new Peerless transaxle has a locking differential.  We are using mower deck-motors rated at twice the HP of the units used on the G.E. as well.  This is a truly awesome, very durable machine intended to last the owner a lifetime.

The unit shown can use a front-mount mower attachment (either the G.E. style or one of our own design which is caged).  There are a few cosmetic changes (decals and seat) we are planning, which will appear in the next more detailed pictures to be released.  A number of options will be provided such as choice of throttle controls, tire sizes and styles, and powered-lifts.

We are working on several other models (a mid-mount model of the Classic, an intermediate-size rider, a small 36" rider, and even an electric-tryke).  And, we are also working on a line of attachments (2-stage snow-thrower, tiller, push blade, and sweeper).  For those who refuse to give up their original Elec-Traks or want to restore an Elec-Trak, we are working on a Re-Power kit for the large-frame models.  So, much more to come.

Thank you all again for your support and encouragement.

The METI Team