Re: (ET) FW: battery care

Ahhh the ever popular risk management assessment....

What happens if I do not water this battery ??.

a. nothing
b. it sparks across the plates and explodes.

What happens if I water this battery with (relatively) unknown water??

a. nothing
b. It is contaminated with potentially damaging minerals and shorts
the battery out.

Given just those options and information, I would agree with your decision.

However, if the electrolyte was still slightly over the plate tops,
then I would have done nothing until returning home.

You were only in danger if the plates were exposed. Do you keep it on
a maintainer when not in use? I had a motorhome once that was left
plugged in to shorepower all the time by the previous owner. When I
bought it, the 1 yr old house battery pack was completely bone dry.

--
Stay Charged! (but not overcharged!)
Hump

The most important substance needed to make a successful project is
the "glue" that makes you stick to it! -- Lee A. Hart