Re: (ET) replacement rollers for rear of mower deck

Mike:
If you have some pictures of your full floating deck modification, I for one would like to see how its done.  By the way, someone pointed out a while ago that many of us tend to turn mowers around on the asphalt  driveway, a habit that will wear rollers very quickly indeed.  When turning my mower on any surface but grass, I raise the rear edge just enough to get the roller off the ground and leave the front casters in contact.  This has to be kinder to the rollers!

<snip>
Most of the anti-scalping wheels are made of a hard plastic that will wear very quickly on an ET deck as they are in constant contact with the ground.  Most I've ever seen don't even use any kind of a bearing, just a bolt through a hole in the wheel.  One exception is a polypropylene wheel sold by a company called Innotech Designs Inc. with a website address of www.lawnwheels.com.  They cost about $20 each, but have sealed ball bearings and should far out last the $7 plastic ones.

I put two of these wheels on my E10 deck several years back and they seem to be holding up well.  The original wheels didn't last very long on the small frame decks, as they too slid sideways when turning.  The rear wheels on a small frame deck were designed to control cutting height, and the four parallel arms were meant to keep the deck parallel to the tractor, not necessarily parallel to the ground.  If you let the deck hang from it's lift cables, then it works just about like any other mid-mount deck, and the rear wheels and the front skids just try to keep it f

<snip>