Re: (ET) Bill Gunn's Elec-Trak parts

The Wisconsin trip is complete. One week of packing and 20+ tons have headed south in the tractor trailers. We were fortunately just outside the area hard hit by flooding. Bill is a very personable guy and I and my wife enjoyed chatting with him. His favorite ET is the ET12M upgraded with a 4-speed tranny :-)

I plan to continue and expand the on-line store format, complete with photos, credit card processing, help files, etc. With over 3000 parts in the database, I'll probably never get the more obscure bits listed, but I do want all the useful parts on-line. I'll be adding a few smaller parts in the coming days. Sorting everything will take a long time, especially when complicated by my move and possibly switching to different shopping cart software. With documentation now in hand, I am getting some parts back in production to restock the shelves - note that a run of "Bill Gunn"-style mowing decks is already under way!

NOTE: Mail sent to the "NO_REPLY" address will *not* reach me.
To send me a private message, please use the "contact us"
form on the website at
http://electrictractorstore.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us

--
Jim Coate, Spencertown, New York

The Electric Tractor Store is now open!
http://www.electrictractorstore.com

David Roden wrote:

A website with photos, specifications, tips, and installation instructions;
> online ordering; credit card acceptance - all would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think you really need to do the kind of one on one user support that surely contributed to Bill Gunn's eventual burnout. Just direct people who need help to this list. Over a period of months you'll also begin to hear of certain common issues, and can then launch a FAQ or help database on your website.