Re: (ET) Removing mower blade

Another thought would be to tip the unit onto its side, and use a piece of wood upright between the blade's edge and the floor. This would transfer the loading from your wrench into the blade, and then into the piece of wood.

Nick

----- Original Message ----- From: "Konstanty, Walter (GE Indust, ConsInd)" <Walter Konstanty ge com>
To: "tbamc" <tbamc gbta net>; <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 11:23 AM
Subject: Re: (ET) Removing mower blade

Thon,
 Since it's hard to know what the shaft is you may have a bolt into the
end of the motor shaft.

Don't heat it.  You may damage the bearing.

Try penetrating oil....hold blade and give the wrench a hard rap with a
hammer to shock it loose.

Otherwise, you may have to remove the top can on the motor and see if
you can hold the end of the shaft up there with a vise grips.

...Walt