Re: (ET) tiller

Hi,
Filling it with oil did not seem correct to me based on the tiller that I recently acquired,so I asked the fine folks at Brinly-Hardy Co., who made the tiller for GE and they responded with the following...

"The chain is in an enclosed area, but it will not support an oil bath. I think a good grease that is intended for chain use would be the best. Check at your local farm implement dealer and they will be able to recommend a grease that works well on chains. Depending on the amount of use, you may want to strip the grease to clear dirt and re-apply."

Regards,

Dean A. Stuckmann
5432 Cty U
Newton, WI 53063-9624