Re: (ET) Grinding sound found

<"flushing" with a non-lubricating solvent may have been OK for old, loose-
tolerance gears and bearings, but was not such a good idea for modern ones.>

<GRIN>

Have you ever had one of these trans axles apart ?

MODERN and PRECISION are not the hallmarks found in a Peerless® trans axle. :) The only thing approaching modern was the use of Torrington® roller bearings.Everything else about these units, right down to the machining quality and the choice of other materials used screams CHEAP!
Flushing these units out with the solvent of your choice is not going to cause injury to it. If it fails after flushing, it's because the destruction started long before you drained it.

{Drive trains. It's how I made my living for nearly 32 years until I became disabled.}

  RJ Kanary