Re: (ET) Grinding sound found

Klein Robert W NPRI wrote:
When changing trannie oil its a good idea to flush the case prior to
refilling. I do this by jacking the wheels off the ground, draining the
old stuffhe case up with kerosene and putting the trannie in LL to let it
spool for a couple of minutes unloaded

Oh well, maybe in a few more years :-)

Also when draining the original oil and the flushed kerosene, drain the
fluid over a magnet.  You will be amazed at the amount of metal shed off
gears as abused as our elec traks

Actually the E20 plugs have magnets in them, so you can see how much stuff is on there. Some, but I think I caught this one before damage was done.

Chris