Re: (ET) Transmission noises, odd

Not to worry. I've used this additive in automobile trannys and in my ET w/o problems. Your post to the group did not say that your ET not running....but that you're running with noise. This has to be bearings. At this point you are trying to avoid a tranny re-build and it seems to me that there's no harm in changing oil to be certain that there is 64ozs of fluid in there (incl 6-8 ozs of Motor Silk). I do not work for Motor Silk, do not represent them in any way. Have used their products to increase gas mileage in SUV's with success ('98 Pathfinder hwy gas mileage increased 1.6 mpg). The transmission product differs from the engine product.

A couple/three years ago I used Motor Silk's manual transmission additive in my ET but did not have the courage of my convictions and took it out when one or two list members posted warnings about additives. I've since put it back in w/o problem.
Jack
On Apr 1, 2008, at 9:01 AM, Klein Robert W NPRI wrote:

Be careful with putting syntheics in your oil as you have natural rubber axel seals which may react poorly to the additive

Bob

--------------------------
Sent using BlackBerry

----- Original Message -----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu <elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu >
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Sun Mar 30 19:49:03 2008
Subject: (ET) Transmission noises, odd

So it's spring, which means time to remove the snowblower and hook up
the tiller. Did some tilling in the yard, the NiCD batteries just hold
up exceptionally well.

However while tilling I started to hear a grinding sound from the
motor/transmission. It looks like it is coming from the tranny. I'll try
jacking it up and replacing the transmission oil, but does anyone else
have any ideas what could cause rumbling in the transmission, and if it
can be replaced?

Chris