-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu [mailto:elec-trak-bounces
cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of Christopher Zach
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 11:14 PM
To: maxmatic gmail com
Cc: Banks, Michael J.; elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Help, reverse missing?

E12's are different from E15's: On an E12 the field stays constant while
the armature polarity changes by the 4 big contactors. On the E15 they
change the direction of the field with a little relay which gets blown up.

Bad idea.

I'm guessing the problem is one of the two diodes that powers the field
is blown. The E12 has a little tiny board with two diodes in there that
go to the field and provide power going forward and reverse. If one
fails you lose field in either forward or reverse.

Way to test: If you can put it in neutral, floor it, then see if the
motor turns while pegging the amp meter. If so check those diodes.

E20's have 4 diodes on card 4.

Chris