Re: (ET) Help, reverse missing?

Banks, Michael J. wrote:

I was using my E12 with a 36” snowblower to clear our driveway this afternoon.   I had about 10sqft left to clear and reverse stopped working.

All the forward speeds worked fine.    There was plenty of charge.    I could hear what sounded like a relay clunking when I moved the lever to the reverse.   But no motion, and the fuel guage/usage meters didn’t move.

So I kept going from off to reverse, off to reverse until I got it to move backwards.    Coincidently one of the chains had fallen off the rear tire.   So I backed it into the garage and put the chain on.    I was going to just put it away but I tested reverse a couple of times in the garage and it seemed to work.    So I went back out.    As soon as I needed reverse it wouldn’t work again.

This time I kept flicking the switch until it went into reverse and parked it in the garage.

Once it was in the garage I put the gear into neutral and tested.

Forward speeds work

Reverse doesn’t (mostly)

How do I fix this, or where do I begin my search?

Thanks.

Mike

Colchester, CT