Re: (ET) Frozen mower wheels

A little known fact about nylon.  It will absorb liquids.  When it does it will expand, as much as 10%.  Its like putting water on a dry sponge.
That will just make it tighter on the shaft.  Dammed if you do,dammed if you don't!   Hot, then cold, then hot again, but not to hot.  then try to
turn it,.if it will turn use some solvent and get it apart quickly.  before the solvent can soak to the nylon.

Ralph Vogan

paul mitchell2007 comcast net wrote:
I've tried hammering them with a wood block in between the spindle and hammer, but that hasn't worked.  I'll try heat, but I'm concerned with melting the nylon bushings.  I may also try soaking them in PB Blasters for several days.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.