(ET) Motor out

Ok, the motor is out and on the bench. Fortunately the 4 field wires are held in place by one of those cable clamp things. So the clamp kept the wire from ripping out inside the motor.

Good GE. Good good GE. Wise people at GE.

Anyway, I used a crimp on insulated barrel connector and put the clamp back on. There's enough slack inside the motor to do this. Once again, good GE thing. Now I'll put the motor back in (helps to have a jack) and see what happens.

For the spring I should probably R&R the motor. Any advice or manuals on taking it apart? How does one get the rear brush assembly out?

Chris