Re: (ET) Fw: Big day: E-15 back in service.

On 21 Dec 2007 at 19:04, Jerry Rhodes wrote:

>  after a review of pass posts on the
>  alltrax I really can't come to buy one,  I've had one and did not like
> the
>  way it was made to hookup.

I'm pretty satisfied with mine, and didn't have any real trouble with
connecting it.  If I were doing the conversion again, however, I'd
probably
consider a 4QD as an alternative (depending on relative cost).  Even
though
it's really intended as a PM motor controller, at least some models have a
brake-release option that could be used to control field output.

There are a few cheap Chinese-made golf car controllers now hitting the
market, but I'm not interested in sweatshop knockoffs.  Others for whom
price is the main consideration may be, however.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA